Your First Meeting
The objective of your first meeting is twofold:
- What do you want to accomplish, and what are your expections of us?
- Are you comfortable working with our firm, and are we comfortable helping you as a client?
Once we are in mutual agreement that a long-term working relationship can be established, we will work to custom design some potential solutions for you to consider.
Your first meeting with us can take upwards of two hours, as we have in-depth conversations about your goals and fears, and we sort through the details of your various statements, retirement plan benefits, insurance contracts, and more. In general, here are the important items to bring to our first meeting:
- Account statements for your IRAs, 401(k)s, TSAs, and so forth
- The summary of your various company retirement plan investment choices
- Pension plan retirement options
- Your prior-year's 1040 tax return
- Any CD statements with their maturity dates
- Brokerage account, mutual fund, and savings account statements
- Life insurance policies
- Annuity contracts
- Long-term care policies
- Any additional information you may have questions about or that you think might be important